Wednesday, May 1, 2013
It's May, really? April flew by so quickly. Wedding season has officially begun! And I am so very fortunate to have captured so many memories - a bridal shower, a surprise elopement, assisting a wedding with Sarina, Lexie & Chris' wedding, and this adorable baby...
But with the highs, come the lows... my car broke down which was not fun. I've had to take my car into the mechanic about every other month this year. Paul came to the rescue, fixed it from inside and out (new radiator, thermostat, lights, seats, and other car things), washed it, and filled up the tank with gas, all without asking for anything in return. He truly amazes me sometimes.I'm a lucky girl.
Highs: Wedding season has begun - yay! Boyfriends who do amazing things. Celebrating my friend's birthday by running The Safari Half Marathon this weekend.
Lows: Broken cars. Allergies which turn into colds which turn into allergies. Wishing I had more time to do everything.
May is shaping to be a super busy month but I'm so excited! What are you looking forward to?
Monday, April 1, 2013
One night while out with her cousin & aunt celebrating a friend's birthday, Michelle noticed Ozzie as he walked across the bar. As the night progressed, Michelle grabbed Ozzie's attention, made small talk, and they exchanged numbers. Fate brought them together that night & in a couple short months they will stand in front of their family and friends to start another chapter of their lives together.
Michelle & Ozzie, you two are the most genuine and honest people I've met. Thank you so much for letting me capture such a big moment in your lives - and Kobe's, too. I can't wait for your wedding! Here are a few favorites...
A quick change & walk through the amazing downtown Art District...
For more of Michelle & Ozzie's engagement session, check out their slideshow here. Make sure to enable the beautiful music. =)
Friday, March 29, 2013
1. Craving proteins - After Sunday's race, I'm eating tons of proteins and made a trip to the Boiling Crab. Gotta tend to those cravings.
2. Lovin' these boots (pictured above) and thinking of getting another pair. So comfie.
3. Planning my close friend's wedding. It's been fun & crazy at the same time. If you know of any venues that allow outside catering and can accommodate approximately 200 people, let me know!
4. Researching the next race. My doctor said my foot is ready to go for any race in the Fall. Music to my ears.
5. Excited to see Cavalia/Odysseo tonight... Paul surprised me with tickets to the show including dinner, pictures with the horses, and a behind the scenes tour. I wanted to go last year but we missed it... so glad we are able to catch it this year. He sent me the tickets with the note "Happy Anniversary". Super sweet.
6. Finding fun and romantic places to eat in Anaheim for our anniversary. The big 8 on April 1st. Those 8 years have flown by.
7. Wishing I had more time to craft and trying to carve time out for it. Just 30 minutes a day is all I need, really.
8. I'm a saver. I'm fortunate I have acquired no debt due to my business. That's not to say there isn't anything I want or need... just things I will wait for when the time is right. I stumbled upon this lovely blogger and I feel so very inspired.
9. Pinning A LOT. Dreaming A LOT.
10. Watching documentaries and foreign films. I don't know how Paul & I got into this, but they are quite interesting.
What are your 10 things right now?
Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
My running buddy chose The Hot Chocolate 15K for our training race before the half marathon in May. Don't let this "sweetest race" fool you. The treats are enticing and all but we had to work for it! And, here's how...
The hills were no joke. They were endless and unrelenting. It was great hill training for our next race... and I made a note to myself, always check elevation.
They refer to this as "Golden Hill" the last down hill toward the Finish. Beautiful day, beautiful sights. And, of course, the spoils of victory...
Monday, March 25, 2013
I have amazing friends who have amazing dreams and do phenomenal things. Marcy is one of them. She's embarking on a new website, new look, and new feel for her business... and I was fortunate to capture this milestone with a couple of headshots. If you need assistance in your career or business, please contact her. She does wonders!
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Owning a business is one of the biggest challenges I've had to face so far. I talk about the many, many challenges I face with my supportive peers - Steph & Tracy. And many times, with the BF. He's never one to tell me to stop or give up. He keeps encouraging, pushing, motivating.
For me, reminders work. Sometimes a simple quote from pinterest or a lovely email from a past bride pushes me. We all have passions but sometimes in the madness of taxes, contracts, and business books, it gets lost.
Reminding myself to be positive, patient, and persistent works. A successful business is not built overnight.What kind of reminders do you set for yourself?
All quotes found on pinterest & instagrammed.