December Daily - The challenge!
/ Thursday, December 1, 2011
What is December Daily? A creative and fun way to document the days leading to Christmas. This project was created by stay-at-home mom turned scrapbook queen, Ali Edwards. Every year, I hesitate. I look at her lovely layouts, pictures, and concepts and I instantly feel defeated. Why? Because of all the preparation it takes. In the ideal situation, I would have laid down the "foundation pages", scheduled some time during my day to work on it, figured out my photo printing situation, and bought a really nice camera bag that didn't look like a camera bag so I can carry my back-up camera EVERYWHERE. After some thought and inspiration from my friends (Anna & Christina V.), I decided to scale it down and make it for ME. In looking at other crafty bloggers, such as Amy, I realized there were no rules and I was making them for myself. So, I'm going with it! Rolling with the punches! EEEEKS!
After a clean up in the craft supplies, I gathered items I already had on hand and added a few more for inspiration...
1. Fun inks
2. Journaling cards by Becky Higgins. IF I get through December Daily, I would like to start Project Life. It's crazy and awesome. Really, it's crazy awesome. And yes, I've already purchased a few things for my Project Life project... just in case. =) And, of course some baker's twine... I have some ideas of how I will incorporate this.
3. Instax 7s - This was a Christmas gift from my sisters last year. It IMMEDIATELY solved my photo printing situation. I will still carry my back-up camera for big moments, i.e. get-togethers, dinners, etc., but will carry the Instax 7s on a daily basis.
4. Cricut - ooooo how I love theeeee. Paul bought this for me a few years ago and since then, I've acquired a few cartridges. I especially love these! I will use them when I have to create little embellishments for the pages. Not a requirement, but a nice to have if time allows.
5. Woodgrain stamp - so simple and so fun when creating layers and foundations in my scrapbook pages.
6. Washi tape - what an addiction! There are so many to choose from! The best part? A great decorative adhesive for my Instax photos. I bought some here and here.
7. Christmas paper pack - After the holidays and the rush of sales two years ago, I went to Michael's on a whim. Lo and behold, there was a bin of assorted paper packs for $4! Madness... I grabbed a few.
8. Stamp set - Oh, Martha, you did it again! I love how I can create my own stamps... genius!
9. 6x6 acrylic album - I went with Anna to a mini book class and purchased another book for fun. When I was going through my craft supplies, I stumbled upon it and a couple others. Its the perfect size and shape.
10. Date stamp - Isn't that the whole point in documenting? I love this stamp A LOT and use it in a variety of pages. I purchased mine at Staples but this is a good alternative for the price.
I'm so excited to document my favorite time of year! If you are doing a December Daily, how are you putting it together? Have any tips/advice??? I would love love to hear it!