I've been looking forward to this marathon since they announced it last year. It was the FIRST one EVER and I feel so good to be a part of it. For my first half marathon of the year, it did not disappoint. But before I get into some highs and lows, here are some pictures I took with my iPhone (edited in Photoshop) along the way...
Left: a photo opp before heading to the expo, Right: On the way to the start line
With my lovely "fairy" brides before the race!
Gotta make a stop at Sleeping Beauty's Castle!
Yay! We finished!
- The route was awesome! The first two miles were outside the park, then inside Disneyland for about 4 miles, outside again for about 5-6 miles, and then in California Adventure to finish. Trish & I both agreed the route was better than the Disneyland Half Marathon in September. It went by quick and was pretty flat. Overall, the marathon was very well organized & parking was a breeze.
- The majority of runners dressed up! I looooved it! Even the men wore wings & tutus. It was quite the sight!
- I ran it with my 2011 & 2012 brides and my favorite running buddy... how awesome is that?!
- The race started at 5:45am. Which meant a 2:30am wake up time & drive down to Anaheim.
- I didn't get the opportunity to take a picture with any of the characters along the route. The lines were wayyyyyy too long!
- I didn't put together my costume in time. I wanted to go as Peter Pan but it didn't work out the way I wanted to. Oh well, there's always next year!
Can't wait for the Disney Princess Marathon next month in Walt Disney World! EEEKS!