/ Monday, October 15, 2012
I can't believe I will be 31 in less than a week! I feel the first year in my 30s flew by so quickly. Ever since I was little, I've enjoyed this time of year... my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's. So fun! Here are a few things on my wish list... things I've been eyeing for awhile but just can't click the "submit order" button. In time, in time - I'll find the courage. ;)
1. Nikon 35mm/f 1.4 - there's something about this lens. Something so so beautiful. The only issue is that I have a zoom lens - a 24mm-70mm/f 2.8. Not to sound all geeky... but the focal distance is there already. Basically, I can't justify the purchase just yet. For now, it will remain in my geeky photog dreams. =)
2. Kangaroo Notebook - where have you been, lil notebook? I've searched high and low to find something portable and cute to bring with me on my adventures. I love scrapbooking but there's no time for it. And, must I say it has taken me almost one year to finish my December Daily? I love to document everything... but having the time is difficult to do so. This would be a perfect notebook for short trips or moments. I'm considering using this for my December Daily this year. Something easy and simple.
3. Traveler's Notebook - for the everyday documenting. I know, I sound wayyyy too optimistic about keeping this journal up to date but it sure is pretty.
4. Modcloth dresses - this one is a beaut and there's so much more on the site. Le sigh. I'm such a sucker for a pretty dress.
5. Nikon D800 - thinking of adding this to my arsenal. Doing so would mean upgrading my systems - software, back-ups, CF cards - and tweaking the way I shoot. They won't be MAJOR changes but I want to see what Nikon comes up with next before I do it. Debating on going on all out and getting this one instead. The boyfriend doesn't see the need for it - especially the cost - but, this is also the guy who purchases cool tools because "they're cool" and for his business. Tsk tsk... let a girl dream! =)
6. Kelly Purkey stamps - heaven. She gets "it" and my need for cute stamps. I purchased a few already but these two are on the list. I love their adorable sayings and they compliment the notebooks I plan to purchase.
7. Hello Kitty Sewing Machine - this is a totally cute upgrade to the sewing machine I have now. I tried to create quilts with my old one only to find it getting stuck & eating the fabric. Grrrr... so an upgrade is needed!
8. Expo Disc - oh white balance, how I love and hate you at the same time. I shoot in auto white balance and readjust if needed in post production. In this year's WPPI, a lovely friend of mine showed me the power of this awesome tool. Yes, white balance can be my friend if I just use this. Sigh.
9. Saddle shoes - super cute. I love saddle shoes & mary janes so this is a perfect combo. Gotta love that little heel, too!
A little wishing never hurt anyone... =) My closest friends know it takes a long time for me to make a large or even small purchase - depending what it is. So, these items are in queue & we'll see what I pick on this list. For now, I dream.
Have a great week!